VISA AFCON-THEMED PROMOTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The promoter of this Massmart Visa Afcon-Themed Promotion (“Promotion”) is Massmart
Holdings Limited (“Massmart”) and its two operating units, namely:
1.1. Massmart Retail (Pty) Ltd trading as Builders Express, Builders Superstore, Builders
Trade Depot and Builders Warehouse, and Cambridge Foods & Rhino (Registration
number: 2008/001666/07) and
1.2. Masstores (Pty) Ltd trading as Makro and Game (Registration Number:
with its registered address at 16 Peltier Drive, Sunninghill, 2157 (hereinafter referred to as
2. All persons entering the Promotion agree to be bound by these promotion terms and
conditions. You may request to be furnished with a copy of the Rules at no cost by emailing
such request to [*].
3. The Promotion is open to all residents of Malawi, Namibia, Botswana, Mozambique or
Zambia in possession of a valid identity document/card or passport above the age of 18 years
(“Entrants”). The Entrant cannot be a juristic entity and must be an individual. All Entrants
enter the Promotion do so entirely at their own risk. Any employee, director, member,
partner, agent or consultant or any person directly or indirectly who controls or is controlled by
the Promoters or VISA and/or immediate family members of any employee, director, member,
partner, agent or consultant of or person indirectly or directly in control or controlled by the
Promoter/s, their advertising agencies, advisers, dealers, suppliers, service providers, its
affiliates and/or associated companies are not eligible to participate in this Competition. The
recipient will be required to declare this in the form of a declaration.
4. The Promotion is applicable only on Friday’s, Saturday’s and Sundays commencing on 14
January 2022 and will end on 06 February 2022.
5. You will be eligible to enter the Promotion when you purchase any product using your VISA
bank card for payment at a participating Game or Builders in the following SADC countries
only: Malawi & Namibia & Botswana & Mozambique & Zambia and your purchase is one of
the first 20 customers, per store, on the 12 promotional days to pay for purchases using a
Visa card (tap, dip or swipe).
6. There are no entry fees to participate in the Promotion.
7. The first 20 customers, per store, on the 12 promotional days to pay for purchases using a
Visa card (tap, dip or swipe) will receive a store gift card to the equivalent in-country
currency value of R150.00.
8. This Promotion is valid for in-store purchases only and on Friday’s, Saturday’s and
Sundays only during the promotional period. The twelve promotion days are noted as 14,
15, 16, 21, 22, 23, 28, 29 & 30 January 2022 and 04, 05, 06 February 2022. This promotion
is not available on any Game or Builders store ecommerce websites.
9. In-store purchases using a VISA card made on any other weekdays and after the closing
date of the Promotion will not be accepted and will not be considered by Massmart.
10. The recipient’srecipients of the prize is not transferable, non-refundable, and non-
exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. Where the prize is a Participating
Promoters gift card or voucher, if the gift card or voucher is misplaced or lost and
subsequently used by someone other than the recipient, the Promoter/s will not replace the
gift card or voucher and the recipient will bear such loss. These gift cards or vouchers will
be subject to all the normal terms and conditions relating to the usage of gift cards in the
participating stores, which can be obtained from and https://www.builders.co.za/gift-
vouchers-terms-and-conditions and https://www.game.co.za/game-za/en/lifestyle-vouchers
11. The recipients will be selected by the store managers, store administrator and cashiers as
and when the first twenty customers in a Game or Builders store, on each of the twelve
promotion days, to pay for their purchase using a Visa branded bank card.
12. The recipients hereby consent by participating in the Promotion to Massmart supplying the
recipient’s personal information and contact details to Visa or any third party service
provider to assist with the administration of the Promotion. Each recipient shall be made
aware of the processing of their personal information should a recipient be one of the first
twenty (20) customers in a Game or Builders store, on each of the twelve promotion days,
to pay for their purchase using a Visa branded bank card
13. The results consisting of the recipient’s name and town/city will be published on the
Promoters’ website and other media. The recipient will be required to sign an
acknowledgement of receipt of prize and consent to processing personal information and may
be requested to be photographed and/or identified in any media, which is inclusive of but not
limited to television, radio print publications and online sites in which the Competition receives
exposure and for future marketing initiatives with the understanding that the recipient may
decline such an invitation.
14. If reasonably practicable, your entry will be withdrawn if your entry does not meet the
qualifying criteria set out above or if any Participating Product purchased in connection with
this Competition are returned.
15. Notwithstanding local laws, in the event of a dispute, the decision of the Promotion judges
is final and binding, and no further correspondence will be entertained.
16. The Entrant hereby consents to Massmart using and processing any personal information in
accordance with the South African Data Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013
and to the extent applicable, the Data Protection Act, 2021 (Act No. 3 of 2021) of the Laws
of Zambia for processing of the Entrants entry as stated herein as well as for any marketing
17. By entering the Promotion, the Entrant acknowledges that he/she is entering a promotion in
compliance with the local law for which the Entrant resides and the Promotion will be
conducted in accordance such law. The recipient of the Promotion undertakes to do all
things necessary to enable the Promoters to comply with its obligations under the local law
including, but not limited to providing any personal information as may be required in order
to facilitate handing over the prize (including providing proof of address and identity
number) and signing receipt of the prize upon its delivery and/or collection.
18. The store gift card promotional give away will be handed over to the recipient on the same
day of purchase.
19. Massmart accepts no liability for any further and or additional costs and/or expenses in
relation to delivery of the store gift card promotional give-away, or use thereof and the
recipient indemnifies the Promoters, its Directors, employees, shareholders and agents
against any claim of whatsoever nature howsoever arising.
20. The recipient will forfeit their store gift card in the event that he/she fails to comply with the
21. The recipient must sign a promotional release form in compliance with the applicable local
law of the Entrant in order to receive the prize, failure shall result in the recipient forfeiting
22. Massmart reserve the right to cancel the Promotion, to change the number or substitute the
prize with another of equivalent value at any time during the Promotion, without giving notice,
in the event that there are any unforeseen circumstances or causes outside of the
reasonable control of the Promoters, to be determined at its sole discretion.
23. By participating in the Promotion, the recipient agrees to indemnify the Promoter, and
release and hold the Promoters harmless against any and all losses, damages, rights,
claims and actions of any kind in connection with the Promotion or resulting from
acceptance and participation in the Promotion including, but not limited to, any personal
injuries, death, damage to property and claims based on defamation or invasion of privacy.
24. The Promoter and its service providers, are not responsible for incorrect and inaccurate
transcription of entry information, technical malfunction, inappropriate images and comments
posted by the Entrant or by the public, lost or delayed data transmission, omission,
interruption, deletion, line failure or malfunction of any telephone network or computer
equipment or software; and/or the inability to access any website or online services or any
25. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with,
Facebook, Instagram or any other social media platform that may be used as an intermediary.
26. No warranties and exclusion of liability: You enter the Promotion entirely at their own risk and
understand that as far as the applicable law allows, and:
(i) all warranties and representations in relation to the benefits not set out in these rules
(whether express, implied or tacit) are hereby excluded;
(ii) the Promoter, its associated companies, and their respective directors, officers, employees
and agents will not be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, consequential or
otherwise, arising from any cause which may be suffered as a result of entering the
CCompetition, the provision or use of the benefit, or any act or omission of any other person.
27. Any personal information relating to the recipient or an Entrant will be used solely in
accordance with the South African Data Protection of Personal Information Act No 4 of 2013
and to the extent applicable, the Data Protection Act, 2021 (Act No. 3 of 2021) and will not be
disclosed to a third party without the prior consent of the Entrant/Recipient. The Entrant can
refer to the Privacy Notice available at https://www.massmart.co.za/privacy-centre to confirm
how the Promoters will process your Personal Information.
28. By participating in the Promotion, you consent to the sharing your personal information
between the Promoters and its affiliates including holding and subsidiary companies which
consent may be withdrawn at anytime by following the procedure set out in clause 27.
29. By posting any content, images, or comments on any of the Promoter’s public and/or social
media platform or by sending any such content to the Promoter, an Entrant consents to and
gives the Promoter a world-wide royalty free license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish
such content, images or comments for the purposes of promoting the Promoter’s products
and/or services and agrees to sign all documents necessary to fulfil this function.